Many of our supporters are University and College students who see the potential for free movement and trade between Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. By using the below guide, you can take the lead on setting up a CANZUK group or event in your educational institution…
Campus clubs are useful for bringing together students from the same or different schools in support of a common goal or activity. The process for registering a club will differ from campus to campus, but here are some tips to get you started:
- Check online to review your school’s list of current clubs to make sure that there is not already an existing CANZUK club that you can join.
- Make an appointment with your school’s student clubs manager to discuss your application before you begin.
- Review your school’s club criteria prior to submitting your application to ensure that you are adhering to all of the rules and requirements surrounding membership, finances, mandates, policies, and procedures.
- Note that many schools have a deadline to submit new club applications.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive materials and support for your club.
Whether or not you have a club registered, you can organize an event on campus. Here are some tips to help you plan your event:
- Ensure that you have received all of the approvals and permits necessary to hold your event from University management.
- Determine your event budget, including how the budget will be funded. Will a campus club or other organization fund your event?
(Funding for events may be available from CANZUK International. Please email us to see if your University is applicable for event funding).
- Select a location on your campus, and make sure you have permission to use that location.
- If the event will have alcohol, make sure you have the necessary permits and campus security in place.
- Book any audio and visual needs, including projectors and microphones, with the appropriate office on your campus.
- Advertise your event across campus and on social media and encourage people to RSVP.
- Ensure that you have sufficient volunteers to staff the event. A good ratio is 1 volunteer for every 20 guests. Volunteers can hand out materials, organize crowds, assist with registration and collecting contact information, take photos, and post updates to social media.
- Remember to follow all necessary campus policies and procedures.
CANZUK International has an abundance of educational material available for your University event. For more information and advice, please email us at email@example.com.
Join CANZUK International on social media